Hello Africa, tell me how you’re doing?
Womandla celebrates Africa, it’s history and the narrative. This digital platform shapes the mind of the African Girl/Woman. The general objective of Womandla.com is to celebrate and empower women in Africa and around the globe through digital media. Womandla.com uses story-telling as a tool for social innovation, public education, community enrichment and transformation.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
A young Meghan Markle changing the perception of women from a young age! The Royal Family is lucky to have you Duchess!
In case you missed this empowering video with Michelle Obama and Tracee Ellis Ross, check it out here on Womandla!
Our Founder, Sam Gqomo, has been selected as one of the Pursue Your Purpose Global Brand Ambassadors, under the leadership of Forbes Business Coach, Tamiko Cuellar.
Cuellar selected women in Africa who believe in the values of her company, Pursue Your Purpose. Her mandate is to help/coach high performing, purpose driven women globally to transition into entrepreneurship & grow.
Well done Sam!
Women in Africa (www.wia-initiative.com) has set up an endowment fund to promote, support and accelerate innovative enterprises run or managed by African women. For the second edition, our ambition is to create the first delegation of women entrepreneurs from each of the 54 countries of the African continent. The 54 selected women will be an integral part of the WIA Entrepreneurs Club (launched in 2017).
Several benefits for the 54 selected entrepreneurs:
- Invitation to the WIA International Annual Summit in Marrakesh (27-29 September 2018): reimbursement of travel, accommodation and exhibition space decoration.
- Unique visibility: Unique visibility from 500 delegates, including investors, top executives and media from all over the world plus visibility on Women in Africa Club print and media supports including WIA Mag, social media, press, offering key visibility.
- High-level Networking: Business meetings organized during the WIA Club Annual Meeting in Marrakech and during all the events of the Club (Regional and Local meetings).
- Special access to the WIA Link digital platform in order to exchange with each other and with international top executive. Real social network of entrepreneurs and all year long acres exclusive club.
- Mentoring: Mentoring for 1 year from large companies (depending from the fundings and sponsors)
The African Revelations Night will invite women entrepreneurs to present their project on stage.
You are a female entrepreneur from Africa, you have created an innovating company, apply to this challenge in order to join the International Women In Africa Entrepreneurs’ Club.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
The registration link is now live for South Africa!
Join us next week, as Forbes Coach, renders an online workshop based on her third book release, “Own Your Brilliance! – A Woman’s Guide to Hiring Herself.”
Tickets are R130 and include a free e-book!
Spaces are limited so book soon!
A dark cloud of sadness fell on South Africa as news broke of Mam’ Winnie Mandela’s passing.
A Mother to the Nation, stalwart and warrior are words that best describe the woman who fought against the injustices of the past.
A few of her famous quotes are listed here:
“I will not allow the selfless efforts of my husband and his friends to be abandoned,” she said after Nelson was imprisoned. “I will continue the struggle for a free and equal South Africa.”
“I no longer have the emotion of fear, there is no longer anything I can fear,” she said after being repeatedly sent to prison. “There is nothing the government has not done to me. There isn’t any pain I haven’t known.”
“They think because they have put my husband on an island that he will be forgotten,” Madikizela-Mandela said when her husband was sent to Robben Island, according to Business Insider South Africa. “They are wrong. The harder they try to silence him, the louder I will become.”
You can finally rest in peace Nomzamo Zanyiwe Winifred Madikizela-Mandela. You were a martyr and matriarch, token of freedom and leader in South Africa’s liberation. We will never forget your sacrifices for the country.
We are because you were.