Womandla Career Expo is a one day annual event that presents opportunities to exhibitors to share knowledge about their business and industry to learners. It is opportunity for learners to interact with industry leaders, gain knowledge on career opportunities and receive career guidance.
Womandla Career Expo 2022 was a success and that is mostly because of those who supported and availed themselves to the learners at Isilimela High School in Langa.
The program was set and went as expected – with the expo participants including:
- Companies showcasing the different roles they have and giving advise the the learners
- NFSAS – The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, a South African government student financial aid scheme which provides financial aid to undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school.
- Speakers educating on
- the importance of Mathematics (as part of ending Mathematics and Statistics Awareness Month),
- 4IR (Fourth Industrial Revolution) with the focus on educating the future generation about disruptive technologies and opening their minds up to a world of possibility and
- HR Coaching and Leadership to provide career guidance to the learners
The Career Expo accommodated +- 400 learners of Grades 8 to 12. Each grade was given 45 minutes where they would listen, engage and ask questions to the exhibitors.
Isilimela High School is the school that Womandla adopted this year. Since the year began Womandla has hosted workshops and tutoring on Mathematics to the Grade 10 and Grade 11 learners. The Career Expo was a way of
As part of the Expo Womandla handed over some sanitary wear from our sponsors. It is a way of contributing to girl’s education as they will be able to stay in school.
We would like to thank Isilimela High school, the speakers and exhibitors for their great impact. Your contribution has been instrumental in building strong foundations in the lives of the learners. Above all we are grateful to God, to Whom we give All The Glory.
With the mission to inspire and connect learners to employment opportunities we look forward to involvement of more companies as exhibitors in the upcoming career expos.