Do you know that paradoxical feeling of being full and empty at the same time? Maybe not.
I just came back from a long, overdue trip home. The weekend seemed quick as lightening, a reflection of the speed of which this year has gone by.
I feel full in my spirit, because of:
- The picturesque drives along the sea
- Pop-ins at my former work and seeing my ex-colleagues (now friends)
- My dad’s bear hugs
- Mom’s chocolate breakfasts
- Granny’s magwinyas
- Ivumba le heater ye paraffin at their place
- Brunches and lunches with my sister and besties
- Kisses, hugs and prayers from my old church people
Time is so valuable. People are so precious. I value every moment spent with those who route for me, support me and want nothing but the best for me. I draw strength from them.
My vernac expressions just prove how strong the longing was, how far the distance seemed, a kind of reawakening of what matters most!
I’m back in Cape Town feeling empty, because I miss it all again.